Once in a while there comes a time when I have to prove myself that I actually improved, at least a little bit. Just to show that all my efforts are not in vain.
So putting aside my shortcomings and the fact that I didn't keep all my plans and resolutions - here's the list of things that I DID succeed at this year:
2014 - SUMMARY OF ART
- I've reached 200
deviations! Although I added deviations less frequently, I kept on drawing.
- I've started a Polish group
and already got many valuable comments. Even if sometimes they're a little difficult to bear with, I'm thankful for all of them.
- I finally started drawing backgrounds
! All right, for now they're nothing more than some random strokes. But since before I was only adding some gradient at the end (with one or two exceptions), that's some progress.
- I experimented with some more dynamic poses
is a key word here... But I tried!
- As for semi-realism
, I pracitced drawing portraits (and may have finally found the acceptable way to draw thesemi-realistic hair).
- Also, I attempted at drawing semi-realistic animals
- I practiced sketches, lineart and colouring through collab - Switch Around Meme
. I had a lot of fun with this!
- I discovered soft pastels
and fell in love with them. I think more drawings are to be expected next year.
- I tried adding some colour accents
to my realistic portaits
(and then abandoned realistic traditional portraits for over half a year)
- I practiced pencil technique
a little bit. I hope it'll be visible in my next portrait.
2015 - PLANS
Now I'm getting serious.
1. Here's the (in)complete list of elements I'm going to work on this year:a) colours
g) drawing clothes
I'm starting with a) and b) from January 2015.
2. My manga
I've been working on it this year. I thought through the story, designed a few characters and even have some drafts of the first few pages. So expect some uploads soon!
I'm getting back to my challenges that have been suspended for a while.
4. Get back to traditional art
Recently I've turned more to digital art but I'm not going abandon pencils. This year I'm going to fix that.